PLEASE READ THE WHOLE NEWSLETTER & MARK YOUR CALENDARS FOR LOTS OF UPCOMING DATES! We are the hands & body of our dear Lord.
From the list of Parish Reps there are 70 parishes/Missions in the Grand Island Diocesan Council of Catholic Women. As of Feb 20: 12 parishes/missions have contributed to the Seminarian Fund for a total of $3,635.00. For the past 9 years the GIDCCW has presented the Bishop with a check of $10,000.00 for the Seminarian Fund. With less than two months to go until the Bishop comes to Halsey for the Spring Assembly, please consider what your Parish/Mission plans to do and forward the proceeds designated for this fund. It would be helpful with the planning if you can let us know/send your donations by April 1 so plans can be made for this presentation.
Parishes/Missions are asked for an annual Contribution of Dues to be collected from October any time before April 1st. To date, 31 parishes/missions have paid to this fund for a total of $4,985.00. With that money the GIDCCW can:
GRAND ISLAND COUNCIL OF CATHOLIC WOMEN
WORKERS IN THE VINEYARD
• Put on educational seminars, retreats, annual conventions and produce printed items (prayer cards, procedure manuals etc.)
• Publish the newsletters, maintain the website
• Offer a $200.00 scholarship for each deanery to be awarded to a graduating high school senior
• Support charities and causes
• Cover general operating expenses
• Contributing parishes (paid by April 1) will have voting status for any and all GIDCCW elections
Since we are a not-for-profit organization, it is only through these donations that we can flourish and survive.
Please forward your parish/mission annual dues by April 1 to aid in the planning of the 2020 meetings and activities.
Thank you, Judy Wagoner GIDCCW Treasurer, 1411 Walnut St, Wood River, NE 68883