Grand Island Diocesan Council of Catholic Women
The Diocesan Council of Catholic Women has been active in the Diocese of Grand Island since 1933 and is affiliated with the National Council of Catholic Women www.nccw.org. The GIDCCW is an organization that acts through its affiliated organizations to support, empower and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership and service. Inspired by our patroness, Our Lady of Good Counsel, DCCW women respond with Gospel values to the needs of the church and society in the modern world.
What we do:
- Seek to unite Catholic women’s organizations and individual Catholic women throughout the world.
- Provide a medium for Catholic women to speak and act upon matters of mutual interest and train them to become leaders in many areas of life
- Collaborate with other national and international organizations and agencies on issues of common concern
- Assist Catholic women to act upon current issues in the Church and society
- Publish newsletters and updates on specific programs, and a variety of resources to assist women in the areas of planning, service and education.
“The Grand Island Diocesan Council of Catholic women acts through its affiliated organizations with National Council of Catholic Women, to support, empower, and educate all Catholic women in spirituality, leadership, and service. The programs of the Grand Island Diocesan Council of Catholic Women respond with gospel values to the needs of the Church and society in the modern world.”
The mission of GIDCCW is carried out through the work of three Commissions:
The Commissions are involved in doing advocacy and providing avenues for charitable acts on world, national, state and local levels. Throughout the past 80 years we’ve been a vital force in the life of our diocese.
As Catholics we are called to follow Christ in a life of faith and service. We are pleased to invite you to share in this great opportunity for Catholic women to answer the call and participate on the parish, deanery or diocesan levels of the Council of Catholic Women. Contact someone on the Board of Directors for more information.